Congratulations to Beth McCann!

Best of luck to her as she assumes her duties as our House District 8 representative in January. My thanks to her and Cindy Lowery for running such positive campaigns.

My thanks to all of the people who voted for me, who helped with financial and volunteer contributions and who displayed yard signs. I've received countless e-mails of people thanking me for the effort and hard work. The real thanks belong to you.

My passion for environmental, education and health care policy lives on as does my hope that our GLBT brothers and sisters achieve legal equality and that working people can more easily move up the economic ladder.

In the near future I hope to be involved with these issues as part of a non-profit or as a researcher. I'm especially interested in the Keep it Colorado initiative by the Colorado Conservation Partnership that seeks to protect Colorado's last best landscapes from exploitation and development. The vision is a Colorado in which our finest farming and ranching lands, unique wildlife habitats, world-renown recreational landscapes, scenic vistas and open spaces are permanently protected for current and future generations. Visit the web site at www.keepitcolorado.org.

Please e-mail me at matt@mattbergles.com or call anytime at 303-909-0831. I hope to continue the many new friendships I made in the course of the campaign.

Best wishes,

Matt